16 March 2015

my new hair



I honestly cannot believe I actually cut my hair. A week ago I just decided I'd had enough and then we called to book a hairdresser appointment. Luckily Natalie's friend Lisa is a very good hairdresser and I can fully trust her with my hair. So on Friday Nat took me to Lisa's straight after school. I told her I wanted to get rid of all the dead hair and so she cut a good ten centimetres off. I gotta admit I was equally excited and terrified by the moment I walked to the mirror to see how the hair looked. And oh my Gosh it was love at first sight. I felt like a huge weight on my head had disappeared as it had. My bleached ends were seriously so damaged by the bleaching and the ever so strong sun of Australia. And the day got even better because Nat took me to South Bank for dinner and I got a non-alcoholic strawberry margarita which, by so far, is the only drink I want to drink for the rest of my life.

This whole adventure with my hair leaves me only one question: why didn't I do this before? I guess I was stuck with the idea of long hair and that that is the only way my hair could look beautiful even though I very well know it's not true at all. It was so easy to unconsciously plant this idea in my head while scrolling through Pinterest and Tumblr where 90 per cent of girls have these gorgeous long locks. I lived in a reality where I cherished my long hair while in the real reality it was so damaged and dead it was horrible to work with and look at.

Midi-length hair is so much easier in every way I can think of: washing, blow drying, brushing and styling takes half of the time it used to. I also get to do so much more with it. I always thought when you have long hair you can do everything with it but in the reality it is suitable for couple braid styles and ponytails. I think with this new hairstyle I get to play and experiment much more. So in a nutshell — cut your hair because you might get surprised {and if it's a horrible surprise, it's only hair and it'll grow back}. F

1 comment:

  1. As a guy, I may not know first hand how much easier it is to manage mid-length hairstyles, though I have been informed by many women that it is much easier to deal with. What I can say is how great it looks on women. More often, I am drawn to women with mid-length hair over long or short styles.

    ReplyDelete

blogger template